Georgia, love it hate it: however you say or feel it, Georgia often evokes feelings on the opposite ends of the spectrum. If you cruise in a deep draft monohull chances are you skip most if not all of Georgia. Whether heading south or north, the boat traffic thins out noticeably when we reach Georgia. Still, Georgia coastal scenery is beautiful, assuming you can take a moment to enjoy it while your eyes aren’t glued to your depth sounder.
Relax, no more reading while I show you we know we’re in Georgia when:
- Our first day is overcast, rainy or gloomy
- Six foot (plus) tides show pot floats aground
- Wild horses gather on the beach
- Beautiful marshes line the waterway
- Shrimpers abound
- The ICW provides interesting scenery