We eagerly anticipated our November 1st departure as a nasty cold front complete with gale storm warnings was due that evening. We had just enough time to arrive at our marina near St. Augustine for the stormy weather. Wait … our insurance policy doesn’t allow us to cross into Florida until after 12:00 noon on the 1st! Back to the insurance underwriters – of course they’ll let us leave 4 hours early (in sunny & calm weather) to arrive at a safer location?? Nope! So that left us stuck up the creek for another 1 1/2 days of high winds. Our anchor drag app shows our twirling path over our 1 1/2 weeks anchored in the Brickhill River as the strong wind & current fought each other.
Yeah!! Finally made it to St. Augustine on November 3rd! Time to relax & enjoy St. Augustine for a few days. Nope! Remnants of Hurricane Eta coming our way?!? Better hurry up & zoom to our protected marina in Vero Beach. We were booked beginning on the 15th anyway with doctor & dentist appointments scheduled. So 4 days enjoying St. Augustine was replaced by a single afternoon rushed $275.00 grocery store trip (it’s been weeks!). Early spaghetti models showed everywhere in Florida was in the possible path of Eta. While not arriving as a hurricane, an enormous area of moderate winds & many, many days of rain predicted. We’ll be relieved to be at our protected marina in Vero Beach & think will just hide out until 2020 is over!